Welcome to BoringFinance.com!
- Boring Finance is knowing what an investment is worth.
- Boring Finance is not having bad surprises at the end of the month.
- Boring Finance is understanding the jargon and nuances in financial documents and contracts.
- Boring Finance is not being swindled by a con artist.
- Boring Finance is having plans that match your resources that match reality.
- Boring Finance is being able to do what you want to do without stressing over how you pay for it.
- This site will help you learn BoringFinance.
FIN 302 Personal Finance: Personal Finance - Summer 1 2014
Taught by: G. Michael Phillips
Prerequisite: Completion of the lower division writing requirement.Now also open to business and economics majors. Examination of the concepts necessary for the rational allocation of personal resources. Emphasis is on the significant financial decisions facing each household during its life cycle. The role of financial institutions and governmental economic policy is evaluated in the context of their potential impact on personal financial planning. (Available for General Education, Lifelong Learning & Information Competency)
This version of Fin302 is an online version of Personal Finance taught using the www.BoringFinance.com or www.ProfMike.com platforms in addition to using the www.WileyPLUS.com learning platform. Note that electronic versions of the text and the www.WileyPLUS.com access are available at www.wileybookstore.com/csun . Students may also choose to purchase subscriptions to the Print Edition of the Wall Street Journal in order to do some of the optional assignments.